The Swisher Library has group and individual study rooms available to students and faculty on a first come, first served basis. Study rooms may not be reserved.
There are five group study rooms available on the Library’s lower level. Rooms 106, 107, and 109 can hold up to four students. Rooms 114 and 115 can hold up to eight students. There are three individual study rooms available on the Library’s main level (rooms 204, 205, and 206) and upper level (rooms 304, 305, and 306) . When checking out a group study room (rooms 106, 107, 109, 114, and 115), at least two members of the group must be physically present at the Circulation Desk when borrowing a key.
The following rules apply to all study rooms in the Library:
- A valid JU Dolphin 1Card is required to check out a room.
- A key for the room must be checked out at Circulation.
- Rooms have a check-out period of two hours. Rooms may be renewed one time. If after two hours the key is not returned to Circulation or the room has not been renewed, a $1.00 per hour fine will be assessed.
- Please make sure the room is cleaned up, locked, empty, and the lights are turned off when you leave.
- No covering is to be placed over the door windows.
- When returning the key, the key must be handed to an available employee at the Circulation Desk. A $50 replacement fee will be charged for lost study room keys.
- Furniture is not to be moved in or out of a study room except by authorized staff.
- We encourage discussion and collaboration when using a room. Please be mindful of the noise level. Group study rooms are located on the Library’s quiet floor.
- Failure to follow these rules may result in the immediate relinquishing of the room.
For more information about study rooms, contact Circulation: 904-256-7277