The Swisher Library has individual study rooms available to students and faculty on a first come, first served basis. Study rooms may not be reserved.
Individual study rooms are located on the Library’s main level (rooms 203, 204, 205, and 206) and upper level (rooms 303, 304, 305, and 306). All rooms have a whiteboard for student use and students may checkout whiteboard markers at the front desk.
- Study rooms are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Study rooms may not be reserved.
The following rules apply to all study rooms in the Library:
- A valid JU Dolphin Card is required to check out a room.
- A key for the room must be checked out at Circulation.
- Rooms have a check-out period of two hours. Rooms may be renewed one time. If after two hours the key is not returned to Circulation or the room has not been renewed, a $1.00 per hour fine will be assessed.
- Please make sure the room is cleaned up, locked, empty, and the lights are turned off when you leave.
- No covering is to be placed over the door windows.
- When returning the key, the key must be handed to an available employee at Circulation. A $50 replacement fee will be charged for lost keys.
- Furniture is not to be moved in or out of a study room except by authorized staff.
Failure to follow these rules may result in the immediate relinquishing of the room.